Altar for the Imbolc ritual put on by the Temple of Brigantia, Stockton Springs, January 1999, as part of the EarthTides Pagan Network's annual Cabin-Fever Pagan Retreat.
Maine Pagan Resource Page
Maine weather from the Weather Underground
EarthTides Pagan Network News
P.O. Box 161, East
Winthrop, ME 04343-0161. $11/year; single copy $1.50 with
SASE. Maine's longest-running Pagan publication, this newsletter is part of an organization aimed at helping Maine groups and solitaries find community. Features include statewide
contact list and events calendar. Submissions or
questions may be sent via e-mail email@example.com.
497 Cumberland Ave. Apt. 5, Portland, ME 04101. Published by Kin of the Old Gods Coven in Portland, this newsletter discusses Pagan issues, faith and history.
There are currently three monthly coffee talks in various parts of the state. Check this page for contact information and details.
Other eventsSee the EarthTides newsletter, or check the Maine page at The Witches' Voice.
- Maine Pagan Coffee
- Maine Pagan Mailing List
- Known affectionately as MEP, this list
provides an electronic forum for Maine Pagans and those
interested in their doings. To subscribe, send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spiraling Shadows
- A Wiccan list based in nearby New Hampshire. Sign up at the Spiraling Shadows Web page.
Maine Pagans Online
- Temple of Brigantia
- Information on Classical-Celtic Wicca from a partnership offering open Full Moons and apprenticeships.
- Immanent Grove
- A Pagan group in central Maine. Check here for the latest on their battle to win a sales-use tax exemption from the state.
- Kin of the Old Gods Coven
- Past issues of the Di Veteres newsletter, information on Pre-Revivalist Wicca and recommended links.
Marie's Tangled Web
- Excellent list of Tarot and Pagan links,
plus annotated Pagan book lists.
- The personal page of Richard Grant, author
of "Tex and Molly in the Afterlife," and "In the Land of Winter." Currently contains interesting information from Richard's exploration of Asatru (Norse Paganism).
of the Hidden Mysteries
- Home page for an eclectic group in
southern Maine. Includes rituals and other information.
- Acadia's Cottage in Kianda's Cove
- A fun and fanciful site. Don't miss the Kitties Corner. Also includes information on seasonal festivals.
- Lorelei Greenwood
- Page includes information on festivals plus Pagan links and humor.
Note: Collegiate Pagan groups tend to be short-lived; once the motivated people graduate, the group falls away. If there's a Pagan group at your school, please consider getting involved; your work will help the next Pagan to arrive on campus.
Pagan Student Association
- A Pagan education and networking group at the University of Southern Maine (Portland/Gorham).
The Collective for Insight, Refuge, and Celebration of Life Experience is open to Colby College students and community members. Site includes an interesting list of divination links.
- UMO Pagan Campus Organization
- A group of eclectic individuals whose events include potlucks and a Beltane maypole.
Commercial (Pagan-friendly businesses in
All area codes are 207 and all states are ME unless otherwise noted.
EarthTides Pagan Network members and
raise the maypole at Popham Beach, Phippsburg
- Located in Winthrop, this locally owned
general-interest bookstore has excellent Pagan resources, and offers a discount for Pagans and e-mail orders. Site includes a good list of Maine books.
E. Berube, Photographer
- Certified professional service for any
- Bradford Copy Center
- Route 1, Wells. 641-COPY or e-mail Cassius622@aol.com. Color copies, blueprint copies, self-service copiers, inexpensive phone cards, fax service, business cards and more.
- Gorgeous quilts and whimsical pottery from
a pair of Pagans.
- Publisher of "The Goddess
Workbook"; site includes a sample chapter and
- Silo 7
- 7 Bomarc Road, Building 7, Bangor. Phone
Metaphysical books, jewelry, workshops and more. A valued
resource for the Bangor area.
- Imperium Ancient Arts
- A resource for affordable artifacts of past cultures.
- Mainely Magick
- Jewelry and ritual gear, astrological charts, new and used books.
- Gypsy Rose's Custom Jewelry and Chain Mail
- Pagan jewelry by a former Mainer; for less spiritual work, see Che' Designs.
- The Sewing Room
- Acadia Elle's original ritual robes and capes.
- Kathy Burns, licensed massage therapist
- 367 Rte. 1 Falmouth, 781-5540 or e-mail email@example.com. A variety of massage and therapies to relax, attune and heal the body and spirit.
- Dragon of the Mist
- 5 East Concourse, Waterville 04901. Phone 873-7776. Witchcraft supplies, books, robes, capes and more.
- An incredible resource for contacts,
information and events.
- Tuath nan Sgáthan
- New Hampshire Celtic Reconstructionist group has a page with New England Pagan links.
- World Pagan Network
- Send Ceile e-mail saying where you are, and you'll get a response with Pagan contacts in your area.
- The Witches' Web of Days
- What God or Goddess is celebrated today? Find out here.
- Pagan Manners
- A helpful guide for the ritual-goer.
- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
- An excellent resource on the beliefs of many paths, including Pagan ones.
Last update June 20, 1999.
This page is © copyright 1999 by Jane
Problems, questions, suggestions or comments? Tell me